Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station offline but cameras are synced and recording. Cannot reset or reinstall.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tala
Follower
Follower
Check if it is powered up and connected to the Internet.

Have checked internet connection, plug in to electric outlet, synced cameras. 4x... all lights are lit and green- cameras detect movement and record per email notifications, I know that internet is connected, even used the paperclip to reset to factory.  NOTHING.  On settings, I cannot reset nor can I do a re-install.
The message shows on both phones, laptop, and iPad.

What is going on?
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You've given us confusing info as to what you've tried. You mention using a paperclip for a reset but it doesn't sound like you actually performed it which would require that you remove all devices from Settings, My Devices as well as holding the reset button for >10 seconds, until the LEDs flash amber.

The fact that things are working (recordings, notifications) means you either didn't reset or that you did and were able to rebuild your system. Does this happen on your phone when on cell service only? That would seem to imply something about your network. Are you using a VPN? If so, try disabling it.