Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

base amber light blinks

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
looseheadset
Aspirant
Aspirant

ARLO PRO WIRELESS

I added a 5th camera and it worked fine.

Now the amber light on the base is blinking. The manual says that means a camera is out of range.

Is that correct?Why did the 5th camera work okay before and not now???

10 REPLIES 10
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Does it change back to green if you bring that furthest camera closer to the base?

looseheadset
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven't moved it and all the cameras still work. I'm charging all the batteries to see if that helps.
Jon
pc2k17
Hero
Hero
Reboot the base, might clear it up.
looseheadset
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay I'll give it a try. Thanks.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If all the cameras work perfectly and the only "problem" is the green light blinks amber, it's probably not worth worrying too much about. If it's not resolved with the power cycle, open a ticket with support as it might be something to do with the latest base station firmware but I wouldn't muck around with it too much in case a camera decides to actually stop working

looseheadset
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Steve.
I'm just curious why it happened when I have not done anything other than turn cameras on and off.
Jon
looseheadset
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base model rt light was blinking amber. 1 camera was out of range and wasn't working.I didn't do any thing then the light stopped blinking and went out. Today I moved the camera closer and it works fine. But the rt LED light is out.

The left and middle light are steady green.

Any suggestions??
Thanks in advance

Jon

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

looseheadset,

If the right LED (camera LED) is unlit, this indicates there is no camera synced to the base station. Check to make sure the camera is synced to the base station (LED should be solid green).

JamesC

looseheadset
Aspirant
Aspirant

James

I turned on all the cameras(5) and then walked around to trigger them.They all worked!

The right LED light on the base still blinks Amber.

DO you think it's a software glitch?

I re booted the base unit with no change.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

steve_t
Master Master
Master

The camera light being amber indicates one of the cameras is further away than would provide optimal performance. If there's no problem with the videos, don't worry about it