Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
wanti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I want to set up an arlo system due to easyness. But i plan to use for both jobs. Security camera + to check the nanny.

I m planning to use Q or Q+ in living room and pro in the other rooms. (There will be no outside camera i live in 17th floor).

So probably in the living room or maybe in the kitchen or corridor there will be lots of activities. What do you suggest. To look another types or cameras or another combination of Arlo ? Can arlo deal with it ?.

And can i use arlo + base with q or q+. I want to put a hdd for recordings. 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wanti,

If you plan to capture a lot of activity and would like to utilize local storage, Arlo Q Plus may be the best fit. Arlo Q Plus has a local storage option via SD card and is always powered rather than using batteries so you won't run into battery issues with a lot of usage.

JamesC

wanti
Aspirant
Aspirant

do i need to purchase 24/7 plan to save 24/7 in local storage ?

And also there will be other arlo pro cameras. Can Q plus save on the hdd which is connected to base?

turbosix
Apprentice
Apprentice

there is no base station for the q and q plus cameras. 

i have an arlo Q and 4 arlo pro cameras and all their footage does save to the 32gb flash drive i have connected to the base. the Q does not get saved.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

wanti wrote:

do i need to purchase 24/7 plan to save 24/7 in local storage ?

And also there will be other arlo pro cameras. Can Q plus save on the hdd which is connected to base?

For the Q you can add the CVR paid option. It doesn't save locally but you can view it at any time and use 3rd party software to screen capture the video as needed.

The Q+ has the ability to store recorded videos on a micro SD card. As noted above, the Q cannot access a Pro system for any purpose.