Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
foxcyfinds
Tutor
Tutor
Like many other users today...

my Arlo pro system has been offline all day. I have rebooted router, unplugged arlo base station, and even reset everything numerous times

the base station connects and all lights are green. when I check status from app or even arlo arlo website I keep getting system disconnected messages.

I would very much like to get this thing working.
87 REPLIES 87
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Everyone, OPEN A CASE. raise awareness.

Nugget7189
Tutor
Tutor

Similar issue to this thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/arlo-saying-base-station-is-offline/td-p/1021427

Arlo has been showing as offline for hours saying "Base station is disconnected" and thereby all of my cameras. Except when I go to my library it's still recording videos.

Netgear really needs to figure some stuff out. We've had to replace 3 cameras (owned them less than 2 months) and now this. Been nothing but issues from the start.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with suppot using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. Lots of disconnected complaints today - open cases will help apply pressure.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support.  Lots of similar complaints today.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open cases with support.

Immunoldoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Case opened. 

tkg2008
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the exact same problem.  It started this morning.  I guess I should be happy I'm not the only one?

Nugget7189
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah, it seems to be fairly widespread looking at all of the most recent topics.

huz666
Initiate
Initiate

Same here - issues started happening this morning.

PiPoYcHoY
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro picks up motion and records video, and I am able to view recorded (both recent and old) videos from the library tab. But in the main interface of the app, under devices tab, while looking at the connected devices all three devices says 'Your Arlo Device appears offline. Please make sure it is powered on and connected to the internet." Checked my internet, it is working fine, getting max speed of 100 mbps. Did hard reset of the home base station (twice already), all 3 lights on the home base station are lighting up green. Re-synced one of the cameras just to test if it will fix the problem, but still no. Anybody else experiencing this same issue? Anybody know of a fix?

mikki
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I tried turning the base station on/off and also the router. Still the cameras are working and I get notifications. I also can't see "Live" images. And the device info is not all there. I can't turn cameras on/off, as it doesn't show that option on the App, which if it were online, it would give me that option. I also tried deleting and reinstalling the app. That didn't do anything. I would love some suggestions.

HiCountryDaz
Initiate
Initiate

My app says something very similar. It says: Base station is disconnected, even though it is not.

Then on each of my two cameras on the app it says in lettering all across the snapshot picture:

Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the internet.

depsite the fact that it is obviously connected....it detects motion, is recording and has new library entries and all the proper lights are on the base

It is maddening, I have uninstalled and installed the app again, powered down the base, removed and re synched cameras...nothing works....

I am trying to figure out how to reset, but so far pushing the reset button does nothing

mustdm01
Initiate
Initiate

I have been having the same issues with mine: at first the schedule didn't seem to be changing modes correctly and now, although all three lights on the base station are green and I keep getting motion notifications, the web, iOS and Android apps all shows it as offline.  I've turned off  my firewall, updated the router firmware, and restarted the base station several times with no luck.

racer927
Tutor
Tutor

I am also having the same problem and it just started today. The system was working normally, then suddenly I see messages that the base station is offline in the app and web. I see three green lights on the base station, the base station alarm activates, all cameras work, record, and I can play back the videos. I re-booted it a couple times and even tried resetting to factory settings. I also confirmed that the router it's connected to is working and getting an internet connection. The router sees the base station and assigned it an IP address using DHCP. What's going on here, Arlo? Between the wonky geofencing and now this, I'm VERY frustrated with this product!!

Harlem134
Initiate
Initiate
It seems like thousands of people having the same problem I don’t know the answer yet I put in a ticket
rgimenez51
Aspirant
Aspirant

This 3 camera system, from the time I purchased it, has been spotty at best from the get go 6 months ago when I bought it.  Cameras are all 25 ft from the base.  It has good high speed internet connection and all three batteries are fully charged. I would frequently have to turn the base off and on once a day to keep it working.  Now after the latest firmware update it has completely ceased to operate at all.  It is the most unreliable piece of electronic equipment I own.  I see from the posts here that I'm not the only one.  I have tried every tip from removing the batts, to removing each camera and then adding it back. to placing all 3 cameras right next to the base and resyncing them.  Nothing works.  Anyone have any other tips?  Maybe the people at Arlo will read this and chime in, or release another update that actually works.

jimmyhu21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had my wifi go down and now I cannot get the live feed from my cameras to work from the device screen.  I know the system is working as the cameras are still recording based on the mode I set.  I still get notifications and can see the recordings in my library.  I have all three lights green on the base.  Wifi is up and running.  When I go to the devices view the cameras say that "Your Arlo device appears offline" on all four of my cameras.  The base says offline but i know it's working. 

I've tried recycling the router, the base, removing the camera batteries, and resyncing.  Closed my app and restarted my phone.  I think I've tried everything short of the factory reset.

Does someone have a solution?  Thanks in advanced for any assistance.

PiPoYcHoY
Aspirant
Aspirant

By the way, did you notice if there was an update today? Wasn't too sure if there was and I just clicked on ok/proceed.

jhunt2004
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Is there any fix yet?

Happy48
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same problen since this morning as well. Tried to call support and they told me it would be a 45 minute wait. I removed the base and restarted from the beginning as Alro will not find my base.  Everthing was working fine several days ago. I looked at the Library this morning and there is nothing for the las three days. My interest conneciton is working fine although Also seem to think otherwise.  Since these types of problems can be sometimes related to the user and  sometimes its Alro and the web site it goes without saying that some notification is needed to users when Alro Network has an issue. I have tried everthing to get it back, reinstalled everything. Nothing works. If they are the problem it will upset me even more since I have been trying to resolve this for a couple of hours total all day today and maybe just wasting my time if the problem is on their end. ARLO SEND AN EMAIL NOTOFICATION WHEN THE SYSTEM IS DOWN. 

PiPoYcHoY
Aspirant
Aspirant

None yet, i did send a message to support team. Will post here if they reply to me with a solution..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

ElNino77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem starting today.  I noticed my interet went down briefly this afternoon, because I received a notification from my SmartThings Hub, but I'm not sure if it was my router or internet itself.  Ever since then, my Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro Base Station and Arlo Q have been offline from all interfaces (mobile app, web from laptop both at home and work) but my front door Arlo Pro has still been recording videos and transmitting them to the Arlo cloud storage.  My Arlo Q was not Armed before the outage so it does not appear to be recording any videos.  I tried to remove and add my Arlo Q as a new device, but it won't connect after scanning the QR code.

I'm not sure it's a cooincedence or not, but my Netgear router (Nighthawk X6 R8000) also had a firmware update today.

Any guidance on how to get back online would be great, but it sounds like maybe it is on the Netgrear/Arlo side considering the complaints.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JamesC