Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo pro image swapped and one camera offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Xanaduyas
Initiate
Initiate

Hi!

I have an Arlo Pro system with 4 Arlo Pro cameras and 1 Arlo Pro 2 camera.  To help with confusion.. They will be AP1-1, AP1-2, AP1-3, AP1-4, AP2

My AP1-4 is in my garage and my AP2 is in my driveway.  Approximately 20' and a wall apart.  System has worked fine for weeks.  This morning my AP2 recorded my husband leaving the driveway (it's beside the house not in front of the garage) and my AP1-4 showed me pulling out of the garage approximately 1.5 hours later.

About 3 hours after I left the house, I logged on to see if the pets were ok, so approximately 4.5 hours after the AP2 recorded the driveway.  Now.. instead of showing my driveway.. my AP2 camera, which is OUTSIDE at my driveway is showing my garage.  My AP1-4 camera, which is still in the garage and had plenty of battery, is showing it is "offline". 

Neither camera have been moved.. I checked all of my other cameras and no one has been in the house. 

What the heck??  Anyone have any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xanaduyas
Initiate
Initiate

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestions.  I had already checked with my husband and he saw the same thing I did.  We tried logging in and out multiple times.  None of that worked.

When I got home, I unplugged the base station and plugged it back in.  The first time I did that it didn't fix it.  The second time I did it, everything went back to normal.

I didn't know about the remote restart.  Thank you SO much for that info!!  Now hopefully I can take care of it from work if it happens again.

I just checked this morning and everything is still working fine. 

🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Log out and back in to see if that helps. Ask your husband to see if he sees the same thing. While the cameras shouldn't have swapped around in the interface, it might be worth checking the Device Order in Settings and saving it. You can also remotely restart the base which should resolve any issue like this in Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart button at the bottom.

Xanaduyas
Initiate
Initiate

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestions.  I had already checked with my husband and he saw the same thing I did.  We tried logging in and out multiple times.  None of that worked.

When I got home, I unplugged the base station and plugged it back in.  The first time I did that it didn't fix it.  The second time I did it, everything went back to normal.

I didn't know about the remote restart.  Thank you SO much for that info!!  Now hopefully I can take care of it from work if it happens again.

I just checked this morning and everything is still working fine. 

🙂