Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wrong notification of movement and no video. Tried changing to lowest setting.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FunnyMoose
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since Alro has changed they app the system has been giving my wrong notification of movement with no video being recored, I changed down to the lowest setting thinking maybe bugs. This has not worked and it is only getting worse. The system work flawless for a year but since then there is nothing but grief. Try getting in touch with technical suport good luck. I am not looking at system to replace Arlo. very sad since this system was over 1500 dollars. What is the point of having a system that send false notification and does not record or up load video to the cloud as the system was designed to do. I am not the only one have this issue it is all over the web with people complaining.

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi FunnyMoose,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, what is your signal strength on your camera(s)? For best performance, make sure that your cameras have three or four bars of signal strength. The cameras can work when signal strength is at one or two bars, but they might go out of range intermittently and could cause notification/recording issue due to fluctuations in the environment.

FunnyMoose
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes the problem still persists, 3 of the 4 cameras have been on 2 bars since installation the only one with 4 bars sits right beside the base station. The next closes which is on the other side of a wall outside is 15' away. The cameras are in the same place they were first installed and have not been moved. So this solution does not seem accurate as the system worked with no issues for over a year. Were they are located to only radio interference would be cellular and this is not being used as the signal is to weak to pick up on the phone. So I so not dell this to be a problem.

The problem started notably when the APP was changed to the new one

Cheers

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You could try rebooting your Base Station to see if that improves it. Also make sure that you've changed the settings through your "Mode" settings (in case you changed it through the "Motion Detection Test" setting). 

Otherwise, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

FunnyMoose
Aspirant
Aspirant

Done and Done, the problem is when Arlo changed and updated the App, what ever they did in the update they need to change it back. Still looking for the next system and it will not be an Arlo

Cheers