Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will the local backup still record if my internet connection is interrupted?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
amongmany
Follower
Follower

I'm assuming the answer is no because the wireless cams probably use wifi to send the video to the base station, but...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

amongmany wrote:

I'm assuming the answer is no because the wireless cams probably use wifi to send the video to the base station, but...

The PRO and the Q plus are designed for the time when internet goes out... YES... if you have power AND the internet goes out AND you have properly setup the usb drive/ mem card before hand it will record to the local device.

That's one of the reason some use UPSs on the base unit/ routers so if power goes out also, all will be fine.

The mem device will contain the videos from the time the internet went out, they WILL NOT be uploaded when internet is restored AND you must eject the device to play back the videos on a local machine

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

amongmany wrote:

The PRO and the Q plus are designed for the time when internet goes out... YES... if you have power AND the internet goes out AND you have properly setup the usb drive/ mem card before hand it will record to the local device.

That's one of the reason some use UPSs on the base unit/ routers so if power goes out also, all will be fine.

The mem device will contain the videos from the time the internet went out, they WILL NOT be uploaded when internet is restored AND you must eject the device to play back the videos on a local machine

Morse is faster than texting!