Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why is Video on Pro 2 not crisp and clear?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a 6 camera Arlo Pro (3) and Arlo Pro 2 (3) camera system.  Video is sharp, crystal clear and it works perfectly.  My son just purchased an Arlo Pro 2 4 camera system and it does not (unfortunately) have that same crystal clear/sharp video.  His broadband speed is very similar to mine, and I have many more devices on my network than he does.  He does have half a dozen other devices on 2.4ghz, but the phones, iPads, etc. are usually on 5ghz, so as not to draw from the 2.4ghz arlo base.  (Sure wish they would add 5ghz, but don't want to have to buy a new system just for that).  Any thoughts on what can be done, because I have done most tweeks I could do with no success?  I am almost thinking it might be the base station? (No????)(Yes???). Since it is brand new (1 week old), if that is the consensus, might just return the system, but hate to have to go through a whole other set up.  BTW, this is happening on ALL CAMERAS video, not any single one, that is why I suspect the base station as maybe the culprit.  All firmware is up to date as well.  THOUGHTS- SUGGESTIONS? 

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @vpasq

There are a few things we can try.

Do you know if the cameras & base are all up to date on the latest firmware?

Have you tried to reboot or remove the cameras from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add them?

Does the picture quality remain the same on the Alro App & Web browser?

vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.  Yes the firmware has is the latest on all cameras and the base station.  Also a yes on trying to remove and re-add and reboot.  However, have not tried comparing video on app vs. browser.  Will try that, but rarely use a browser - only the app, but will definitely compare the two, however if they are different, how could that be corrected?  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@vpasq

That would lead me to have you check the Arlo App version he uses on his phone, or the Device/Phone & OS he is using?

vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

I will check that with him (he returns from vacation in two days) when he gets back and see what that shows.  I know he has an Iphone 6splus, (hopefully he is updating his IOS) and I know he just downloaded the app when he bought the system a week ago, so it is the latest. (because it had the homekit setting option in there - he asked me about it, but he has no use for that in his home)..thanks for your assistance Shayne and I will let you know what we find out in a few days in case you have any further ideas.