Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why does my Arlo Camera remotely turn on an entryway light every time I turn on the Arlo camera?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tpowning
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why does my Arlo Camera remotely turn on an entryway light every time I turn on the Arlo camera?  I can see the light come on using a Nest camera in the other room, same view.  Arlo on, Light comes on.  Arlo off, light goes off.  I am 34 miles away using my laptop to view arlo. This light usually comes on only if you turn it on with a light switch.  No automation hooked to the light.  Very strange.

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@tpowning 

Ghosts? LOL.

Actually, are you sure that it is the light that is coming on and not the Night Vision LEDs? For testing purposes, turn off the Night Vision on this camera and see what happens. If that doesn't fix the problem, your guess is as good as mine.

Brian

tpowning
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am absolutely positive.  I'm watching the overhead light come on with a different camera, a Nest camera.  The overhead light comes on every time I turn on the Arlo camera.  Very bizarre.  Something in the airways?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the overhead light a motion detection version?

tpowning
Aspirant
Aspirant

the overhead light is not a motion sensor version.  Just a regular light that operates with a lightswitch.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible that the Arlo night vision LEDs are just reflecting off the lightbulb? Turning off night vision for testing would be a good idea.