Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why can't I view recorded feeds on Mobile browser?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Texan007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am one of those users who uses Windows 10 Mobile with 6 inch screen! I can view recorded feed on my mobile browser but I have to switch to desktop mode. Interestingly that requirement is only for login screen (the gate keeper!). I switch to mobile mode after the login and Arlo allows me to view camera feeds.

Recently, Arlo added a link to browse website instead of Mobile apps. However, when I tried to view cameras, it would redirect me to login page! Come on, I am already logged in!! The login page demand that I use mobile app. Why?

Why can't Arlo remove the restriction "useMobile" on the login page and let me view the feeds on mobile browser?

Also, I would suggest Arlo switch to html5 and remove flash requirements. Flash is dead and Arlo should act before flash sunset.
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As you already know, it's a flash issue...

You idea would be best if entered or kudo'ed here; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

I do believe it's already there for html5 over flash...but more kudos means a better chance of fruition

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Texan007
Aspirant
Aspirant
@TomMac: Thank you for the suggestion. Being new to the community, I did not know best place to complain or suggestion! I just reposted the same to New Idea forum. I don't understand the business, security or governance drivers for shutting down distribution over the web!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Tex... feel free to ask anything here.  Either you'll get an answer most of the time ( or not 🙂 )

but, most here will try to help.

Best if new is to scan some of  the FAQs as most tihings have been answered there already, and it's a quick way t learn hw the system works.

Morse is faster than texting!