Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where is the written policy on the free cloud offering?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Pat95037
Tutor
Tutor

I believe that the policy on what is covered under the free cloud is very unclear. We have no way to get answers on it except to ask here, and then we can get conflicting answers (such as that there is a 5 camera limit, then when someone asks about purchasing a 6 camera config that advertises free cloud, its "yeah if you buy a kit all 6 are covered). Where can I find comprehensive written policy on this topic?

I don't believe that this should be an issue for a support forum! Why hide this info??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Basic or free level allows 5 cameras in use on that base unit per account ( the next two paid levels allow 10 and then 15 cameras )....

Nothing prevents you from having two different accounts ( pw/logins /email ) in the same household. 

Also there is no limit to the number of bases to expand your coverage area on any service level.( the limit is the number of cameras )

2) I guess the packages that are/were sold mention this on the box..don't know

3) The cloud service is not 3 months, it is for as long as they are in business...the 3 months is the limit on the Basic level for TECH support

I can't show any more info as the whole web site just got revamped and some of the older links aren't working yet

But would be happy to answer your questions if possible

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The FREE Cloud level is the Basic level of service...and other plans have always been listed under Service Plans

With BASIC  the you are allowed 5 cams with 7 days of rolling storage ( on day8, day1 is auto deleted / etc )... and while the info states a limit of 1GB storage, the mentioned limit has not been enforced for 2 years now )

Tech support for Basic level was 90 days

Warranty on items is 1 year ....

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/subscription-plans.aspx

Sevice Plans were and are clearly steated ( till today anyway with the new layout 🙂 )

Capture22.JPG

As to the 6 cameras, that ( TMK ) special kits were sold with 6 cameras included...inside there was a coupon that was used during setup to allow the 6th camera use for free... I'm not sure these are still sold ( it was a while back they were out )

Pat95037
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the response, but the policy is far from comprehensive:

1. Is it 5 cameras per base station, 5 cameras per Arlo account? 5 per household?

2. The issue of buying a bundle with more than 5 cameras is not clear, but thanks for the explanation above.

3. What does "service" mean when referenced in the policy? Does my free cloud end in 3 months as part of the "service"? Does service mean support or does it include the free cloud service? This question seems to have been answered on the forum, but not an appropriate place to state policy that is this important.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Basic or free level allows 5 cameras in use on that base unit per account ( the next two paid levels allow 10 and then 15 cameras )....

Nothing prevents you from having two different accounts ( pw/logins /email ) in the same household. 

Also there is no limit to the number of bases to expand your coverage area on any service level.( the limit is the number of cameras )

2) I guess the packages that are/were sold mention this on the box..don't know

3) The cloud service is not 3 months, it is for as long as they are in business...the 3 months is the limit on the Basic level for TECH support

I can't show any more info as the whole web site just got revamped and some of the older links aren't working yet

But would be happy to answer your questions if possible

Pat95037
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for this info, I appreciate it. I assume that it will be posted on the newly revamped website later. The info there now doesnt answer in sufficient detail. 

Additional question: If my wife and I have two accounts, can I see cameras that are on my own account as well as on my wife's account by opening a single app (in other words, I open the app and see all cameras on the screen, including those on my own account and those on my wife's account)? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes you both can see each others cameras using the GRANT ACCESS option.

you also can grant diff levels of admin levels but not 100% as like a primary owner

Pat95037
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks. Do you know what admin features a non-owner is not able to get access to? On my current system it seems as though my wife has access to everything, but not sure. Can the mic be accessed?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pat95037,

The microphone can be accessed if access rights are enabled.

Take  a look here for more information: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

Makusiaga
Tutor
Tutor

I've recently bought base station with 6 cameras (from amazon.com) and no coupon was included inside the box. I'm yet unable to test 6 cameras setup becuase 2 baterries came empty and are not charging, I'm waiting for a different set for charging to test if this will help. I'll definitely contact Netgear support if I'm unable to use 6 cameras - nowhere on the box or even website does it state that free cloud is limited to 5 cameras.