When will Netgear put the transformer inside the cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cyber2steve
Guide
Guide

When will Netgear put the transformer inside the cameras, so we can hard wire them and save us the eyesore of the bulky adapter showing outside our homes...

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cyber2steve,

Arlo Pro/Pro2 Wire-free cameras are designed to be battery powered or powered using the AC Adapter or Solar Panel accessory. you might consider the Arlo Solar Panel if you prefer not to use the included AC adapter, take a look here: Arlo Solar Panel (VMA4600)

JamesC

Apprentice
Apprentice

James, the OP said the AC adaptor was an ugly eyesore so it should be embedded in the cam. Your suggestion of him using the solar panel instead means the suggestion went over your head. While the solar adaptor may work (and at least not possibly torch one's house like the AC adaptor) its pretty ugly as well IMO. To acheive a cleaner look, if the transformer were embeddeed it would be better. For these cams to have any practical use there needs to be continuous charging either by AC or solar. Otherwise the only benefit versus a commercial system is ease of install. And for that there are so many negative tradeoffs. You can't put lipstick on a pig and turn it into Cinderella IMO.

Cyber2steve
Guide
Guide

I'm talking about a redesign to put the transformer inside the cameras for a more aesthetic look and you are giving me and others information that is already out there and which I already know... 

I wish to get input from persons who can read with understanding and not be trying to change the narrative to push products already out there....

Apprentice
Apprentice

Its all about cross selling other AP products, premature relase of undertested products to copycat competitors. NG may be winning the mile but its a marathon and IMO if it doesnt get its act together with better vetting and better support its gonna finish last and bankrupt.