Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What’s the latest on being signed off due to other devices

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jasonEm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know many others have seen this issue. Occasionally I get kicked off the camera system with an error that suggests someone has signed on from a different device. I know that this isn’t true (my wife and I check the monitor from 3 devices so it is easy to know). I recently changed my password using a password generator (so it is a bunch of garbled nonsense, nobody is guessing it). 

Like me I said, I know many others from at least 2016 have been seeing this. What is the latest consensus? Software bug or serious security issue? Did they ever add a log so we can see the IP of all devices which log in and when? 

3 REPLIES 3
Apprentice
Apprentice
You can only be logged in from one device at a time. Why don't you change your password?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@jasonEm wrote:

I know many others have seen this issue. Occasionally I get kicked off the camera system with an error that suggests someone has signed on from a different device. I know that this isn’t true (my wife and I check the monitor from 3 devices so it is easy to know).

It has happened on and off for a while... really think it may either be that some devices really don't log out ( run in background ) or it;s the far end thinking one is still logged in.

To help prevent this, it is recommended the you Grant access , and one becomes the primary account and one the secondary... so both can be on at the same time anyway

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have seen this over time but it hasn't hapened for quite a while now (watch - it will now happen...).