Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Viewing cameras no longer possible - flash on Vivaldi, Chrome, Edge, Firefox

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sdw49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Vivaldi, Chrome, Edge, Firefox no longer allow me to view cameras. New Windows 10 computer, Flash allowed (and updated). Did at one time, but now has stopped altogether. I am well versed in computers. WHEN are you getting away from FLASH??? I'm not advising my friends to buy Arlo till this is corrected. Very aggravating. I have sent a number of friends to Arlo and they are having the same problems.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sdw49 wrote:

Vivaldi, Chrome, Edge, Firefox no longer allow me to view cameras. New Windows 10 computer, Flash allowed (and updated). Did at one time, but now has stopped altogether. 

No idea on Vivaldi, but you can view cameras (and enable flash) with Chrome, Edge, and FireFox.  BTW, Chrome and Edge both use internal flash players, so the plug-in isn't actually used - the message on the screen is misleading in that regard.

For instance, with Chrome you click on the padlock in the address bar (ideally before you log in).  You'll see an option to allow Flash.  After you do that, you'll get a prompt to reload the page.  Then log in, and flash will work with the Arlo site until you restart the browser.

With FireFox, you'll see an icon that looks like a lego block in the address bar when you get the error.  Click on that, and you'll also be able to enable flash.

I'm not suggesting that this is great - certainly I'd like Arlo to implement html5 sooner rather than later.  But it does work.

sdw49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. Vivaldi is a Chrome based browser much like Opera (much better I think). In W7 -Pro, as the browsers updated, camera watching got harder and ways to make Flash work had to be discovered. Now, in Windows 10, it went from being hard to 1-in-10 tries to get it to work, if at all. For me it stopped completely, all 4 browsers. Yes, you are correct on your advise on how to enable flash on the browsers mentioned, BUT, they all stopped/quit working. Again, I am well versed on computers, I do repairs as a hobby as I am now retired. I know all the procedures and flash does work on other site - mostly. Just very frustrating that on Arlo is has basically stopped. ** BTW - this morning it works on Vivaldi (my main) but not on Firefox. Haven't tried Edge today as I rarely use it. Go figure - huh? Again - thanks and I too will eagerly wait for html5.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sdw49 wrote:

BUT, they all stopped/quit working. Again, I am well versed on computers, I do repairs as a hobby as I am now retired.

I'm not challenging your expertise.

I am wondering what is going though, since I use the procedure for Chrome every day and haven't had any problem with it not working.