Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Viewing Saved Favorited videos past 7 days

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
greenbrg
Tutor
Tutor
Hello so I have 6 cameras on the basic plan with a 2TB drive on the hub and cannot view the Favorited videos that are past 7 days old. I would think that you would be able to view past Favorited videos from your hub etc... Do I need to unplug my drive and view them on a computer? Is it organized by date and camera name?
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Favorites are just a way of filtering the videos... they are deleted after 7days if you have a basic plan.

The best thing to do is d/l any files you think you may want to keep.

As you know they are also on the usb backup if enabled.  Locate either by file create date AND/OR the long numeric name which is in Epoch time

To convert to human date/time , go here  https://www.epochconverter.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
greenbrg
Tutor
Tutor

So just to be clear, if you faviorte a video it will not be saved on the local USB hardrive?  

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

All videos get saved to your USB drive plugged into the base. Even favorited videos, although that designation is only used in the app, they won't be marked favorite on your USB drive. To view the videos on your drive, first safely eject the usb device using the app. Then unplug your drive and plug it into a computer. The files will be named in the format explained in the above post.