Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
themagnuseffect
Initiate
Initiate

I'm running a plugged in Arlo Pro in my garage and almost every recording has video stutter / freeze in it. The audio is fine throughout the recording, but the video is unusable. See recording example:

Live feed works 100% and if I record manually during live feed that recording comes out looking fine. So clearly the camera has a good enough connection to the base station but is failing at recording on motion, rendering it pretty much useless.

It's not far away from the base station and it's actually closer to the base station than an original Arlo camera I'm using at my front gate which has no problems with video stutter. The connection icon shows full connection to the Arlo Pro and here's the version info:

• HW Version: H8
  • Firmware: 1.092.0.3_12290

Please tell me there's a fix for this.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I'd suggest opening a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here or swap at the store.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

There's not a fix yet but the engineers are working on it and apparently it's a 'known issue'. There's a 14 page thread on here about pixelated video with ghosting of moving objects. Please contact support and open a ticket. Hopefully the more people that do so, the faster it gets resolved

prettyh8
Guide
Guide

This is happening to me also.  I have owned this thing for litteraly 4 days and now this is starting.  I don't understand I did everything it said to do.  My connection is good, etc.  Most of the videos are freezing like this.  So iiriated.  If they could tackle this problem along with the delay iissue, this would be a superior product. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

prettyh8,

This could be occurring due to interference between the camera and the base station. Consider relocating your base station so that it is away from any other wireless devices (as much as possible). Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC