Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video recording showing in seconds? How do I change display time from seconds to hours and minutes?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nalindra
Aspirant
Aspirant

The video recordings display "the time" in seconds. In my recordings, the morning time 9:54 am shows as 35640 sec, or the evening 5:20 pm shows as 64400 sec.

1. How can I change it to hours and minutes. To show 35640 sec as 9:54 am.

2. Is it possible to change the same on a recorded video? 

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nalindra wrote:

The video recordings display "the time" in seconds. In my recordings, the morning time 9:54 am shows as 35640 sec, or the evening 5:20 pm shows as 64400 sec.

I've never seen this before.

Where are you seeing these times?  In the cloud library?

Are you seeing them in both the app and the web interface?

Nalindra
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see this on the Web interface. All my recorded clips come in seconds. It gives the date stamp (YYYYMMDD)_ "then time in seconds".

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nalindra wrote:

I see this on the Web interface. All my recorded clips come in seconds. It gives the date stamp (YYYYMMDD)_ "then time in seconds".

I select the day using the controls at the top of the page, and then each clip shows the time.

sample.png

Selecting the recording opens the playback window which also shows the same time and length fields.

Has your system always shown seconds instead of the usual time format?  Or is this new behavior?  You might try going into the time zone setting - changing it to something different, and then changing it back.

Also, what browser are you using, and what OS is running on the PC?

Nalindra
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, after your advice I have gone in-depth and analysed the situation. As you have shown in your example the normal recordings on the cloud show the correct time and format. The problem is with the recordings locally stored in the USB. It displays as I mentioned before. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

I thought you meant local files reading this but I just use it for back up.  I did see a post on what it meant but can't recall it other then a file structure.  But they will post again here. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nalindra wrote:

The problem is with the recordings locally stored in the USB. It displays as I mentioned before. 

Ok.  With the VMB4000 base you don't have access to local storage (and you also can't directly access storage from the web browser). 

So are you just talking about the file names on the USB thumb drive?

Nalindra
Aspirant
Aspirant

The time on the file name on the thumb comes correctly. When you play the file, the time is shown on the video screen and that time is displayed in seconds. Please help.   

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nalindra wrote:

The time on the file name on the thumb comes correctly. When you play the file, the time is shown on the video screen and that time is displayed in seconds.  

I am not seeing that on my iPhone when using direct access to local recordings.  Are you using Android?

Nalindra
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nalindra wrote:

Hi, this happens in the local recording files

As I said, I'm not seeing it when using direct access to local storage (which is playing the local recordings via the Arlo app).

Are you playing the videos from the app?  Or are you putting the USB drive in a PC, and playing them with a media player?

If the latter, then what player are you using?