Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JPav80
Luminary
Luminary

Recently I have noticed after the last couple of base firmware updates, that my cameras get glitchy video that always seems to occur at the 12 second mark on my recordings. If there is an object like a car or person in motion the video looks like it freezes or distorts and then picks up again after a couple of seconds. I tried rebooting the base but it isn't resolved. It happens on all 5 cameras. Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JPav80

Have you tried to remove the camera from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add it?

Does the glitch appear on the app & web browser?

JPav80
Luminary
Luminary
It appears in the app and on the web. I did try to remove one camera and it still does it. All cameras have the same glitch where it looks like the image freezes but then progresses after a couple of seconds.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are your cameras connected to AC power or are they running off the batteries?

JPav80
Luminary
Luminary
They are a mix. Some are battery only. One is in solar and a couple are powered by AC.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JPav80 wrote:
They are a mix. Some are battery only. One is in solar and a couple are powered by AC.

I asked because a couple of users have recently reported corrupted video when they used AC power, but not when they were operating on battery-only.

So if you are mostly seeing it on the AC powered cameras you might try switching to battery-only as a test, and see if that makes any difference.

JPav80
Luminary
Luminary

@StephenB My main cameras that I use are either on battery or the solar panel outside. It isn't related to AC in my case.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech support

JPav80
Luminary
Luminary
I have not contacted support yet since this issue seems to have started during one of the last firmware updates. I have attached a picture sample taken this morning that shows the issue around 10 second mark. It clears up at 12 seconds. I did try changing video quality but that didn't help.
JPav80
Luminary
Luminary

As expected it appears the latest firmware (1.092.0.24_985) resolved my issue and my recordings are no longer getting the 10-12 second mark glitch I reported almost 2 months ago.    

I really wish there was better communication from Arlo regarding their buggy beta quality software.   I have learned not to spend too much time troubleshooting since most issues appear related to firmware.