Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMK3500 - Arlo Pro base station not being discovered

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SRP0341
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the Arlo Pro system for over a year.  It consists of the base station, 4 wireless cameras, and 2 Arlo Q indoor cameras.  It's worked just fine for up until now.  Within the past two weeks my 4 outdoor, wireless cameras would go offline.  I would go & turn the base station off, then on, and that would fix the problem for about an hour or two, and then it would happen all over again.  I called the help line and they tried to walk me through some steps, one of them being to remove a wireless camera, and then to add it back on.  That did not work.  

Next step was to remove the base station, and then to add it back on.  After I removed it and tried to add it back on it could not discover the base station after countless attempts. I've tried several different methods:

1)  Unplugged it for 5 minutes as suggested

2)  Factort Reset by depressing reset button only for 30 seconds as suggested

3)  Try a new ethernet wire

4)  Went speedtest.net to test internet speed.  I was told I needed over 100 Mbps download speed.  I registered 105.98

5)  Went to canyouseeme.org to check IP address

The Arlo Q cameras are online, and still working, and so are other devices (laptops, iPads, smartphones).  My station also appears on my phone under available networks so I know there is a signal.

Nothing has changed with my set up other than it just stopped working properly, and now the base station has become undiscoverable.

The power and internet lights are green.

I did speak with several differnet IT people on the helpline, but they could not help.  They said they are going to elevate, but if that doesn't work that because my unit is over a year old and out of warranty they could not replace it.  That floored me!!  I paid over $750 for this system that last a little over a year, and I'm out of luck.  I liked the system while it worked, but if that is the customer service I will receive if the next level does not rectify, I will never purchase another NetGear product, and will definitely voice my dissatisfaction.  I hope it does not come down to this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SRP0341
Aspirant
Aspirant
Problem resolved. I called my internet provider to check out my modem & connections. He changed out. the coaxial cable & moved the ethernet cord from the modem to the router. Base station immediately discovered & cameras back on.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you reset the base, did you also remove it and the associated cameras (not the Qs) from Settings, My Devices?

SRP0341
Aspirant
Aspirant
The wireless cameras do not show up because the base station cannot be added, and the wireless cameras connect to the base station.
SRP0341
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I removed the base station I only removed it, not the 4 wireless cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens on the LEDs when you press the reset button? The LEDs should be flashing amber which is a signal to release the button.

On the chance it's somehow phone related, try using a computer to do the work.

SRP0341
Aspirant
Aspirant
I held the reset button down. All lights went off, the power light came on as green. Several seconds later the internet and camera lights came on as amber. Several seconds after that the internet light went from amber to green, and the camera light stays amber. I tried adding the device via my computer & I still get “Your base station could not be discovered”.
All the devices in my house get a WiFi signal. The Arlo Q cameras still work via WiFi. Not sure what’s going on.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here.

SRP0341
Aspirant
Aspirant
Problem resolved. I called my internet provider to check out my modem & connections. He changed out. the coaxial cable & moved the ethernet cord from the modem to the router. Base station immediately discovered & cameras back on.