VMC3030 motion detection is not working. Showing "the device does not exist"

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Motion detection not working.  No red lights come on with any motion.  There was a problem with 'the device does not exist' , however, that has fixed itself with numerous re-syncing.  Any suggestions on the motion detection?

13 REPLIES 13
b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I also re-synced to the base numerous times.  Still no motion detection.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Update:  I just rebooted the base, leaving it off for 20 minutes.  Still no motion, but there are no lights on for live feed viewing.   Any suggestions on how to fix the red lights to come on?  Thank you.

Dannybear
Master
Master
The red lights you referred to, are these the infrared lights on the front face of the camera.
These will only operate when the light level is low such as nighttime.
Have you tried checking the motion detection utility from the camera settings.
b_k
Luminary
Luminary
Motion detection stopped working, after resyncing and rebooting the base station, I got the red lights to flash on and off very fast. Now it will not detect motion nor the red lights will not come on when viewing live feed. Too dark to see at night now, any suggestions?
b_k
Luminary
Luminary
I kept the camera on all night it did take videos however without the red lights on the front it's hard to see. Yes it's the infrared lights that do not come on, but the motion did work any suggestions on how to activate the lights. When I was working on the camera the last time I got them to work they clicked on and off on and off on and off and then never came back on. At that point I didn't think it would record any film thinking the motion wasn't working however it did but it's too dark to see any clear images. Thank you for responding hopefully you have a suggestion on how to fix the lights coming on.
Dannybear
Master
Master
There is a function to enable or disable the night vision that turns on and off the infrared LEDs.
Look for it on the video settings page in the camera settings.
Toggle to confirm correct operation, remember that the LEDs only turn on when motion is detected by battery cameras. The motion detector does not utilise the LEDs as they are only used to illuminate objects for the camera to see in the dark.
Dannybear
Master
Master
To add further check the video brightness settings are correct, zero or above.
It is very easy to accidentally select -2 without knowing.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pull out batteries and re-install to reset camera.... I would also do a power button reboot of base ( give 2 mins to reboot )

Verify the Night vision is turned on in the mode settings...

Test in a dark room, the IR leds are 850nm so they should just be slightly glowing red when on.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
b_k
Luminary
Luminary

The brightness is set at 2 (and it is dark in the video settings as well, I slid it to -2 and back but no change) and the night vision toggle switch is on (I also turned it off and on again with no difference)  I have had no problems before, until now.  

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I keep moving the batteries around and I rebooted the base station several times.  The last time I left it off for 20 minutes.  Also, the night vision switch is on (I also slid the toggle on and off) but no difference.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

There are no red illuminating lights with the motion or viewing live feed.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I had the lights come one time, then no more.  I did a resync and moved batteries around.  Now I am getting a message on the device tab; This device does not exist.

I think my camera is 'done for'.  I wish we still had support.  

Dannybear
Master
Master
I recall another user having a similar issue recently without a solution. Either the camera hardware has failed or a recent update has a bug.
Either way arlo support is the next best option for cameras still in warranty or you have a subscription.