Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4500 Base Station is not detecting. Tried turning off modem, swapping either cables, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
James7777
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station LED light is solid Blue. But the arlo app won't detect it, there for can not finnish the setup. So I tried everything that has been suggested. Turn off modem & base station for few mins, swap/change different ethernet cable & port, hard reset base station, tried press "sync" button. Still hasn't worked & it been 2 days of trying. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a tactile click when the button is pushed - are you feeling that? You may need to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for warranty support or swap at the store if new enough.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try at my.arlo.com via browser to see if the issue is the app.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
James7777
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah I tried using the website to no avail. The Base Station LED is solid blue using either the app or website. But it can't detect the Base Station. Has anyone else had this issue b4?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When say that you "hard reset" the base, exactly what do you mean? A lot of folks think that rebooting or unplugging the base is a reset. A true reset is done by holding the reset button until the LED flashes amber.

James7777
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hard Rest as in using a needle to press that button at the little hole at the back of the Base Station. It doesn't flash amber. When I push & hold that button for about 10sec or so, the LED color just stay on blue.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a tactile click when the button is pushed - are you feeling that? You may need to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for warranty support or swap at the store if new enough.