Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
RMScholbe
Tutor
Tutor

When I view my cameras thru my Android, they are all working just fine.

When I look at the cameras thru my PC at my.arlo, they all show as offline, as does my Base Station.

I have rebooted my router and the Arlo Base Station. No difference.

I have turned off my firewall: No difference.

I am not using a VPN.

If I arm the system using the Arlo App, the cameras record video and I can see the recordings on my PC.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

120 REPLIES 120
GatsbyCat
Tutor
Tutor

Some of our Arlo 2 Pro cameras report "charge battery.  This device's battery level is too low. Connect a compatible charger to charge the battery."  We take them down and charge them but they still show that message.  If we do a "remove device" on that camera and then resync it to the base station, poof, it works and shows 100% charge.  But then, maybe an hour or so after that, it will again show the "charge battery" message.  We thought it might be because they were too far away from the base station, but we just recreated the problem with the fully-charged cameras sitting a few feet away from the base station and wifi router.  Is there a way to kick these back into service?  Thank you for any input!  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Denisecahi

Which version of the app are you using? Does the same occur over the web portal? 

Nancy_L
Apprentice
Apprentice

It is the web portal that this happens.  I have tried Edge, Chrome & Firefox with the same results. If I view the cameras with the web portal it turns off some of the cameras.  When I then look at the app it will sometimes turn the camera back on but not all the time.  I have to manually turn it on. All of my web browsers and apps are the current versions and I am using Windows 10.  Thank you.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Can you check using a iPhone or iPad with the arlo app to see if the battery levels are correct.

GatsbyCat
Tutor
Tutor

That is interesting.  Looking with a browser at arlo.netgear.com, two of our five cameras show as down to 1% and needing charging.  Looking with the arlo app from an android phone, they show as fully charged.  They are functioning, recording when motion detected.  The other three are fine in both places.  It is two particular cameras displaying the behavior.  Is there a firmware update or something that these cameras need?

Dannybear
Master
Master

I know that the arlo web portal app is reporting inaccurate information about camera status, has been for months for me. Not sure where arlo is at with a fix.

Although it maybe related to a arlo backend issue there have been some reports here suggesting that the issue has extended to the android app.

I have been using the iPhone app so not seeing any of these issues so far.

johnsmkt
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I turn my camera off, and log out. Then log back in, the camera is back on, again. WHY?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tested to see if it's really back on? It could be a display issue. Are you using the app or the web client? Have you tried both?

davcono
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 - 3030 cameras.  I can view all 5 cameras on my iPhone.  They are all online.  When I try to view them on my computer, 2 of the 5 show "off line".  I know they are NOT offline because I can view them on my phone.

joey301
Aspirant
Aspirant

WHen i go on my PC to Arlo, it says my battery is dead. But I have recharghed it, and my phone now says the battery is fine. Why is the website reporting that it's a dead battery?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@joey301 wrote:

Why is the website reporting that it's a dead battery?

There have been a lot of complaints here over the past couple months saying that the website is reporting stale information. So the only suggestion right now is to rely on the app.

GatsbyCat
Tutor
Tutor

Well thank you for the tip about using the phone app instead of the browser.  Had only really used browser access before.  The cameras are actually working fine, it is just the access through the web interface that is broken.  Which is too bad as that is more convenient!

F2S
Guide
Guide

Still waiting...🤔

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @ShayneS 

My Arlo web is constantly reverting to some strange settings, even though I've cleared browsing data etc. What is displayed on the web portal is different what is shown on my app (for example, some cameras are switched off on the web, but on in the app; battery indicates show different charge levels etc)

This isn't the first time this has happened. But, this time, this has been like that for some time now.

Can you guys keep on top of things please by ensuring that this kind of stuff works without us having to *constantly* turn to the forum to alert you and to ask for things to be fixed? I bought this system for it to work, rather than to constantly test it for Arlo. (= I'm not very pleased with my purchase.) 

Thanks. 

emaayan
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi.. i'd like to join the party... i too have the same issue where the browser reports "arlo pro 2 seems to offline " while the app says it's online, i have a single arlo pro 2 ,and 3 arlo pro, and the other 3 are ok. 

i've also experienced the stale battery status, and that's an issue, cause one of my pro's is actually charged by solar, so i'm not sure if it's actually charging or not!

however i have noticed another issue on the pro 2 display, and that's the app reports 0 reception, even though an arlo pro cam that was in the  same location reported 2 bars, all other cameras report good reception.

emaayan_0-1665655982948.png

another issue, is when i tried re-adding the camera using the app, the app kept trying to see if there are firmware updates but never got a response (that was yesterday)

F2S
Guide
Guide

Still waiting to hear from Arlo support...🙄

JuA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo Pro camera (battery only) 1 door bell and one other powered Q camera. When I log in to my account my battery powered cameras are now constantly showing a greyed out screen with the message  Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it is powered on and  connected to the internet.

Well they are powered on and connected to the internet because they continue to record and send  captures to the base station even when the system says they are down., so I am pretty sure it's not my wifi. Yes, pulling the battery and resetting brings them back to full life but I am too busy to keep doing that. The cameras record OK and store all the captures but the live function is not available until the power is restarted. The Q camera and doorbell remain operating normally, so this problem  is restricted to just the battery powered cameras.

Any help greatly appreciated.

JuA
Aspirant
Aspirant

A bit more info - my computer is a Mac running MacOS Monterey 12.6. I have previously disconnected all the battery cameras and re booted them to the system which helped for a day or so but then they eventually all go into the greyd out mode. My modem is a Spark Smart Modem. Hope that helps.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Do you have a iOS mobile device you can install the arlo app onto?

If so use that instead.

JuA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have the app and it works OK.  But that does not solve my issue which is to be able to see the cameras on a desktop size screen easily and reliably.

PaulaMarie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where is an update on this issue?  It's been going on way too long and is unacceptable. 

ertriad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I appear to be suffering from very rapid battery discharge when in normal operation, my batteries can go for months before requiring a re-charge. Nothing has been changed or altered. Having said that, the current status of my batteries differs depending on whether I'm using the ios app ARLO SECURE or checking via PC and my.arlo.com e.g.

I have 3 cameras as follows:

Cam1 - ARLO SECURE app says 43% charged, my.arlo.com however says 83% charged

Cam2 - ARLO SECURE app says 100% charged, my.arlo.com however says 78% charged

Cam3 - ARLO SECURE app says 58% charged, my.arlo.com however says 84% charged

Any ideas anyone as to why they should differ ?

Dannybear
Master
Master

I can understand the frustration, it’s an arlo thing that something like this is not publicised, not even sure if arlo are able to see it as an issue.

It has only been a few months since the issue went global, for me it’s been much longer.

Dannybear
Master
Master

The web portal has been broken for months, surprised you have not noticed this before.

Arlo has not indicated when a fix will be implemented yet.

F2S
Guide
Guide

still waiting...🙄