Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 base station with four cameras no longer alerting me of movements when in geofencing mode.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jbi
Aspirant
Aspirant

System alerts have discontinued when away and in geofencing mode.  Alerts are active when system is in armed mode.  Have reviewed all settings to try and correct this.  No success.  What is the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are your Home and Away modes?

jbi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure what the reply means.  The list of setting options for the base station is armed, disarmed, schedule and

geofencing.  For the several years I have used Arlo equipment, I most often kept it set in the geofencing mode.  When 

I was at home, I received no alerts for motion or sound.  When I was away from home, I received alerts denoting 

motion or sound at my home.  Now, I only receive alerts if I keep the system in the armed mode regardless of my location.  In other words, geofencing no longer functions.  I would like to know what I should do to have the geofencing mode work again. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jbi wrote:

I am not sure what the reply means. 

Geofencing has two zones - Home and Away.  

You configure Geofencing to use one base station mode (or Schedule) when Home, and another base station mode (or Schedule) when away.

@jguerdat is wanting more details on what modes the Home and Away zones are using.