Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 Offline, but LEDs indicate it's online

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Gdefender
Aspirant
Aspirant

My VMB4000 and cameras suddenly started showing as offline. I checked on two Android devices and the web site, and they all showed offline. The LEDs on the base station were all green, indicating it is online.

After restarting the base, my router, and modem multiple times I found the suggestion to remove the base and re-add it. I have attempted this multiple times, but the base keeps indicating it is offline even though it clearly appears to be online from the green LEDs. It also appears to be online because when I reboot it or remove it with the mobile app, the base station LEDs appear that it received the request and is resetting/rebooting.

During the setup process, I am able to detect the base station and name it. In the next step it checks for firmware updates. After several minutes, I get a message indicating that the firmware update failed/timed out. I am able to skip the firmware update and the base station appears in my account, but it is offline.

Any idea why the base station LEDs indicate it is online, but I am not able to see it as online in my account? This is infuriating, especially since I cannot contact support for free any more, that privilege was taken away after I made my purchase decision.

1 REPLY 1
Gdefender
Aspirant
Aspirant

Of course, after fighting with it for over an hour, it suddenly worked. 😧

I don't know why it went offline in the first place, I don't know why it failed to reconnect on multiple attempts, and I don't know why it suddenly started working.

Maybe it was an issue on Arlo's end that was not reported on https://status.arlo.com/