Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 Kept Going Offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DrPots
Tutor
Tutor

I posted earlier this week that I was not able to get my system up and keep it running for more than a few hours. Someone na jguerdat (Guru) augested that I try a diferent power supply (transformer) OR bu y a new base station. I bought a new one from Amazon. In a short time I was able to connect all of my cameras after I made sure they were fully charged. I wasted time working with the Arlo "Support Team" in the Philippines and India. They do not really lnow how these systems work. Sad.

3 REPLIES 3
donmck58
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera works good and I can manually record but won't pickup motion outside and record I may take it back if can't figure it out

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that you have a warranty that can be used to replace defective equipment. You need to open a case to do so:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

@donmck58 wrote:
Camera works good and I can manually record but won't pickup motion outside and record I may take it back if can't figure it out

Have you read the FAQs here on various topics such as setting modes? What mode is selected? Are the motion indicators for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray? What have you tried?

DrPots
Tutor
Tutor

When I called them in February, they told me that the equipment was out of warranty. I assume it was only good for a year. Oh well. My new base station is fine.