Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 - Homekit stopped working, unable to remove basestation

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mamcfarlane
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had to do a factory reset on my Arlo VMB4000 base station  today to allow it to communicate with a few Pro cameras.  Got the reset and cameras working but the cameras no longer work in HomeKit.

I thought I would remove the VMB4000 from HomeKit and then add it back, but I get an error when I try to remove the VMB4000 from HomeKit using Arlo Secure: "Arlo Basestation cannot be removed because it is not responsive..."

Any ideas on how to get my cameras working with HomeKit again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mamcfarlane
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Shane.

After your change I was still unable to remove the HomeKit link using Arlo Secure, but I was able to remove it in HomeKit.  After removing the basestation using the HomeKit iOS app I was able to link the basestation back to HomeKit using Arlo Secure on iOS.

All appears to be working well now.

Thank you again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

mamcfarlane
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Shane.

After your change I was still unable to remove the HomeKit link using Arlo Secure, but I was able to remove it in HomeKit.  After removing the basestation using the HomeKit iOS app I was able to link the basestation back to HomeKit using Arlo Secure on iOS.

All appears to be working well now.

Thank you again.