Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 Base and Uverse ISP owned Modem/Router

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
traveler2100
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a new Arlo pro base VMB4000 that will I cannot connect to when connected to a Uverse 2wire Modem/router.  I get a green internet light but no computer or wireless device will recognize the base.  It searches but does not discover the base with the Ios 11 Arlo app or arlo.netgear.com on a windows computer connected to the router with a cable.  I opened ports 443 and 80 TCP and 123 UDP but no luck.  I brought the base to another house with an ASUS router and it is recognized fine with no adjustments, but I cannot set it up on this uverse box.  I have tried all of the obvious, reset, restart router, change cable, etc.  Uverse Internet speed is 3.8 down and 1.5 up.  THe asus speed is 60 and 30.  It seems the base is connecting to the internet but sometiing in the uverse box doesn't allow the base to receive?.   I am not a fan of uverse.  I order a 1G connection from ATT but I am going to cancel it given all of the trouble the uverse fiber router causes.   Any ideas or experience with this setup?   Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

A number of people have had problems with Uverse routers. No real solutions I can see. Someone did suggested contacting the ISP and seeing if there were security settings causing issues but if you get a green internet LED, it really should work

traveler2100
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I talked to ATT but once you finally reach someone they do not have enough knowlege to even understand the problem.  They offered to send a tech out is as far as I got.