Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 Arlo Pro charging issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GPN
Follower
Follower

I have two Arlo VMB4000 base stations with two Arlo Pro wireless cams on each.  I’ve had these for about two years.  I’ve never been able to keep the cameras charged for more than a few days.  I was told they were two far from the base station (hence the 2nd base station).  I was told to lower the video and audio quality.  I’ve done that.  Finally, two weeks ago, I purchased Arlo solar panels.  Now I’m getting charging errors on two of them, and an “incompatible charger has been detected” on a 3rd. One of the cameras doesn’t charge at all.  No error messages, just doesn’t seem to identify and utilize the solar panel.  I’m sooo disgusted with these cameras.  I’ve reset them, I’ve reset the bases, I’ve called tech support (that goes nowhere).  Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @GPN

Have you tried a different battery with your cameras? What are your modes, rules, record time set at? How many recordings are made per day?

Did you happen to inform customer support regarding the solar panels receiving the charging fault errors?