Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 All Cameras No Longer Detect Motion

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Missan2net
Aspirant
Aspirant

All 5 of my cameras (3 Arlo Pro w/VMB4000 base from Costco, 2 Arlo Pro 2 purchased Best Buy) suddenly stopped detecting motion. Even when motion detection test is run, nothing happens. If you click on device in App you can see Live video and audio feed though. I noticed there was an update for the App on My iPhone and even that did not solve issue. I already tried unplugging Ethernet and power from base station and reboot but still no go. Tried taking out battery, waiting, then reinserting on one of the cameras and still no detection of motion. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Missan2net

Have you tried to remove the cameras from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add them? 

Missan2net
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried it with two of the cameras but still no go. I notice that one of the other cameras is now detecting motion but I didn’t even touch nor fuss with settings on that one at all. Cameras are running firmware 1.092.0.23_32920 (Hardware H11) or 1.125.13.0_31717 (Hardware H3) [the only camera that is detecting motion is running the latter]. Base station 1.14.0.2_2776 (Hardware VMB4000r3).
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

i would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support