Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMA4700 why no recall notice?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CR-sound
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was looking to purchase another VMA4700 power adaptor, but couldn't find one anywhere.  Looking here I found that the product has been recalled.  Netgear really should have sent recall alerts out to all owners of registered Arlo Pro systems. If the unit really poses a fire hazard, Netgear should let all potential users know. Been a bigtime user of Netgear products for over 10 years; very disappointed.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are articles all over the place, including here, about the recall.

Notifying all Pro owners is overkill since the outdoor adapters very likely represent a rather small number of overall users. That said, I forget if I received an email about the recall but I kinda think I did.

CR-sound
Aspirant
Aspirant

the cost of sending an e-mail to all registered Arlo Pro users is really the same as sending notices to one user.  Plug the criteria into the data base and done. I am a retired techie and still read lots of tech publications...didn't see an article about the recall.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CR-sound,

Take a look here for information on this recall: NETGEAR voluntarily recalls VMA4700 Outdoor Power Adapter Accessory

JamesC

CR-sound
Aspirant
Aspirant

good notice, but if one does not happen to visit the forum (usually don't without reason, I could spend all day visiting the tech forums of the various software and hardware products I use). Again, once the infrastructure is in place, there is virtually no cost to sending out an e-mail to registered customers. If there was, I wouldn't get so many (let alone the spam from folks I have no connection to).