Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
KennethB
Guide
Guide

Is there a way to setup an additional base as both active sirene and extender with interlinked cable?

My primary base is at the far end of the house and I would like to place the 2nd base at the other end of the house. Will the 2nd base sirene be activated with primary base sirene?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While you can certainly add a second base, it has to have cameras synced to it and will operate as a separate system, not as a slave.  The siren on one will not cause the siren on the other to operate - only the action of one of the synced cameras will cause that.  So if something causes a camera to record and activate a camera at one end of the house nothing happens at the other until a camera there is triggered.

KennethB
Guide
Guide

Hi jguerdat, 

I read in another post that you can interconnect two base stations with an ethernet cable to extend the range of you system. From your description it sounds the two works completely independant which defeats the purpus of the interconnection?

Regarding the sirene, this sounds like there is a opotunity for improvement...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't interconnect the bases - each one has to be a separate connection to the router or a switch.  There is currently no way to utilize cameras on one base with another (think of bases in two different locations) but that could change via software.  Whether that comes to be is a whole different issue.

KennethB
Guide
Guide

Ok thanks