Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cons About The New Update

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
1111me
Tutor
Tutor

I hate this last update install. I hated the last one. But this one is even worse. So slow. No pause on live feed. Can't pause and play fast. Absolutely horrible. I'm switching to RING

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @1111me

Can you provide a bit more detail regarding the issues you are having? What are the circumstances in which they arise?

Silverrainpro
Initiate
Initiate

Ever since last update i get 2 notifications per action/recording. Frustrating. Turn off push notifications, i get none. Great. Then turn it back on & i get 2 push notifications from all my camers. Fix this.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What device/model/os are you using? What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using?

Silverrainpro
Initiate
Initiate

LG, K20 Plus, Android ver 7.0, Arlo App ver 2.7.8_25585, Released 04/16/2019

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Silverrainpro

Have you tried to remove and reinstall the arlo mobile app & test again?

1111me
Tutor
Tutor
I'm also getting double notifications on my Android phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Arlo app. That didn't help any of my issues. Still as much $$$ as we paid for this security, we should be able to have all the control features at our finger tips as we did 2 updates ago. Put all the play, pause, record, etc buttons back underneath the frame instead of inside of it. If I can't freeze frame within a millisecond, the product is virtually worthless. I use to be able to do this on this same Android phone, same Arlo cams, 2 updates ago. It seems companies like to fix what isn't broke just to be doing something.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@1111me

What Version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using & What Device/Model/OS?

1111me
Tutor
Tutor