Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to turn off audio detection in mode - the option is grayed out

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Raddfw
Follower
Follower
Hi
I have several Arlo pro cameras. One of them somehow has both motion and audio detection enabled in mode, and I am unable to turnoff the audio detection Because it’s grayed out. It’s outdoor and is being triggered by wind noise. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Raddfw,

Could you show a screenshot that shows the audio detection is grayed out? And what phone device are you using for the Arlo app?

rds-dms
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  I have 4 Arlo Pro's in my system.  All were working as intended.  Today, I was getting notifications for audio triggered by the wind, so I decided to figure out how to reduce the audio sensitivity.  I now find that the audio setting icons are all grayed out under rules for each and every mode.  What's going on?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi rd-dms,

What phone device are you using? Could you provide a screenshot that shows the audio setting icon is grayed out on your Arlo app?

rds-dms
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using a computer - not a phone.  I cannot get the screen shot to "paste" in this chat box.  Please provide an e-mail address, and I will send it to you.

I actually believe I have figured it out.  We have one mode that activates all cameras, 4 of which are Pros with audio detection (All Motion On).  We have another that just activates exterior cameras, 2 of which are Pros with audio detection (Exterior Only).  When one mode is activated and the rule for one of the Pro cameras under that mode is selected for editing, "Motion is detected" can be selected and the motion sensitivity can be adjusted.  "Audio is detected" is grayed out and audio sensitivity cannot be adjusted.   Below the box, there is a note that says, "You're now detecting audio.  To receive audio notifications for your device to to Smart Notification Settings."  I figured this might mean that you could not adjust audio sensitivity when a mode is activated.  So, I selected the Exterior Only mode and tried to edit rules under the All Motion On mode.  When I did that, I could adjust the audio sensitivity on all Pro cameras except the ones that appear in both the active mode (Exterior Only) and the mode I was trying to edit (All Motion On).  When I activated the Disarmed mode, I could adjust the audio sensitivity for all cameras under all rules for all modes.  It appears, therefore, that you cannot adjust audio for any camera that is included in any rule under the active mode.

I wonder why you can adjust motion sensitivity for a camera that is active under the selected mode but you cannot adjust audio sensitivity if that camera is active in any selected mode.  

Jamestam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stupid programming decisions.  You have to select "Disarm", then go back to the mode you are trying to make changes on.  The audio check box is no longer grayed out.  Complete your settings, save, and then switch to the desire mode.  I have 14 cameras and 4 base stations.  I have wasted months of my life dealing with problems arising from non-intuitive software decisions and what consistently appears to be untested firmware updates.  I average about 25 gigs of data usage a day, mainly from the cameras up loading to the cloud storage.  Earlier this week i had a couple of days without any videos being saved, despite the motion sensors being triggered.  My investment into using this system also includes the expensive Netgear Orbi mesh router with multiple satellites, 8 pairs of high lumen LED floodlights to keep the cameras from automatically switching to black & white in low light environments (a feature the user should be allowed to disable) , and upgrading my internet plan and data usage allotment.  Arlo keeps coming out with "shiny and new" products.  Fix the current product line first.

Sapo74
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am dealing with the same issue but I am not able to fix it the audio detection still on after I go back to the modified setting.. the way this software is programmed is very clownesque for something quite expensive... 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Sapo74,

Have you tried the suggestion that rds-dms and Jamestam has mentioned above to see if that works?