Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to move around the enlarged image on web client on live stream and recording

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
DennisU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Used to be able to move around the enlarged image on a PC using Windows 10 to view but now it will enlarge but fixed at point of enlargement. Not sure how long it has been like this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

The issue has been fixed overnight on both systems. I can now ZOOM & DRAG the picture on my PC after being without that service for 5 or so weeks. Thanks, Tech-Team.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
dcfox1
Master
Master

I noticed the same, it has been like that for a while. In Live view there used to be a hand that came up with the mouse to drag. In recordings there is a hand but it doesn't do anything. I am on a Widows 10 Tablet so it may be the mouse pad for me for the latter.  Not sure if it is a Windows, Browser or Arlo update. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey DennisU and dcfox1,

Is this happening on the live stream or the recording from library? 

alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same thing for me.  On live view, when zoomed no hand appears, no way to move the image.  On recordings, hand appears when zoomed but doesn't pan the image.  Windows 10 on PC with latest Firefox version.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@JessicaP  Same here as @alchemist50 . Using Edge and chrome. I don't use that often so can't say if it is hit or miss. No hand on live but a hand on recordings but no action. 

DennisU
Aspirant
Aspirant

It happens with either of the live or recorded images.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've reported this over to the development team and is investigating report of this issue. We will provide an update when we hear any new information from the team.

KachinaShadow
Luminary
Luminary

Agree with @DennisU ...happens on live or recorded images

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have noticed the Pan & Zoom on web console is misbehaving.

Either live or recorded video doesn't allow you to move around in zoom mode.

I have tried with multiple browsers, same issue.

I'm using Win 10

was working the other day.

OCBOSS
Initiate
Initiate

the  PAN function has not been working since September in my Video library , the tech guys in Arlo have been notified many times by me and other users about this known issue but have not been able to fix it, they keep saying they are working on it, but 2 Months have passed by, I will not buy any more Arlo Products from now on.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have VMS3130 - 1 camera 

I was able to zoom and pan with all my videos; downloaded, from the library, and instant views.  I cannot pan on any of these with my computer using windows 10 and Chrome.  (even installed Firefox, which was a suggestion I found that didn't help)  Getting into the video settings also won't let me pan or zoom.  I have contacted tech support and have a case number, but still waiting.  Anyone have a fix for this?  I read in the community page that they had this issue back in May 2019, but did a fix.  Can anyone help with this.  I am not sure if it started not working with the update on 10.15.20 version 2.21.0_6.  I use this in my library and real time plus downloaded videos.   I also found that the downloaded videos cannot be zoomed, just has the option on the right if you click on the 3 lines to 'zoom to fill' which really doesn't zoom the picture.  Please any suggestions will help!  I need to computer to zoom and pan, not a little tiny cell phone screen.

Thank you in advance for any help you may have.

otolorenzo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

This issue started with me on the 24th of October & still hasn't been resolved.

When on Windows 10, you press on the "Magnifying glass button" while the camera is LIVE and you could zoom in and out, "Drag" the picture to a certain area in the picture for a close-up etc. This is (was) a great tool & one of the main reasons that persuaded me to buy the Arlo cameras over 3 years ago...& then a 2nd unit.

Until this week it has always worked fine, but now the DRAG option does not exist (Arrr).

Is there a reason why this option has been changed ADMIN?

No, I'm not an annual paying customer as I'm quite happy with what I paid for when I first opted in on these cameras 3 years ago.

When will it be working again? It needs fixing ASAP.

Regards, Steve.

Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello JessicaP.

You reported this issue back on the 28th of October which was some 5 weeks ago.

Has an update been issued yet?

Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

The issue has been fixed overnight on both systems. I can now ZOOM & DRAG the picture on my PC after being without that service for 5 or so weeks. Thanks, Tech-Team.