Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to find replacement battery for Pro. Tried ordering knock-off but doesn't charge camera.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
BlackStar2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't find replacement battery PN 308-10046-01 for Arlo Pro. Tried ordering a knock-off online (CS-NAR200SL) and it powers the camera but doesn't charge. Searching the PN online yields almost no results. Confused.

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi BlackStart2,

You can click on "Notify Me" to know when the Battery for Arlo Pro Camera comes available on our website: Battery for Pro & Pro 2 Cameras (VMA4400)

BlackStar2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - I have registered for notification.

Can you please tell me if the Arlo Pro will charge with a standard micro-USB cable and charger, or if I require a special Arlo cable and charger?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We recommend you using the power adapter and cable that came with your Arlo Pro camera.

BlackStar2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this set was passed down to me from a relative without the charger and cable.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BlackStar2 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this set was passed down to me from a relative without the charger and cable.

The cable connectors are standard, but the microUSB connector for some cables won't fit well mechanically into the charging socket on the camera.

You'll need a dual voltage charger that puts out at least 1.5a @ 5v and 1.1a @ 9v.  The camera won't charge on 5 volts alone. Note that Ultra/Pro3/Pro4/Go chargers are different, and will not work.  

I suggest purchasing an Arlo replacement charger+cable - the part number is VMA4800-100NAS, and cost is about $15 USD.  Unfortunately it's not available at the Arlo store at the moment (or anywhere else I looked), but there is a "notify me" option.

An off-the-shelf charger that supports Qualcomm's quick charge might work, but often they don't.  If you do go that route, I'd suggest Wasserstein, as they specialize in security camera accessories.  Though I've never used their products - so that is just a suggestion, not a recommendation.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a note...

The PRO models need the dual voltage qualcom type chargers that put out 5 and 9v.

The PRO2 models later changed this to just a 5v usb type charger.

as mentioned by StephenB a Pro2 charger will not work on a Pro1 camera ( but the opposite is true )

TMK, this PRO is the only unit that used a dual voltage charger ( with minor exceptions to beta/early release Pro2 cams )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BlackStar2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you both for your responses - this answers my questions.

kwolff
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been waiting for Arlo Pro batteries to be in stock since July. When are you expecting them to be available? I cannot use my system until I can replace the dead batteries. Thank you!