Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to add camera to Arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
coolgymnast01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying to add a camera to the Arlo app (I ended up removing it because it lost connection), but it will not let me sync it.  Most of the time, I hold down the sync button on the camera, but it does nothing.  When I am able to get it to start syncing, my phone cannot detect it.  My husband also has an Arlo account and he is still able to see the camera on his app since he did not remove it.  How do I fix this?  Is it a hardware issue or software?

Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
brh
Master
Master

@coolgymnast01

The primary account holder must grant access to everyone else on the system that he/she wants to share the account with. I won't go into details as it seems you have already done that. Since you removed the camera from your account, he must select that camera to grant access to you again. It is as easy as clicking on the camera on the Grant Access page.

Brian

coolgymnast01
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am the primary account holder. I granted access to my husband for all the cameras and he still had access to it. I can’t add it back to my account.
brh
Master
Master

Very interesting. Out of curiosity, is the camera working on his account?

Anyway, Try going into your account to the Devices page and click on Add Device and follow the instructions being sure not to hold the buttons down for more than just a short push. Arlo, sometime back changed how the buttons work so that if you press the buttons down for 2 seconds, the camera will not sync. Press the sync button on the base just quick enough for the third LED to start flashing green. Then briefly press the button on the camera and it should start slowly flashing blue then a few seconds later it should start flashing blue rapidly. Wait for the flashing blue light stops flashing. If the camera LED turns amber, it did not sync and you must try again. If it still doesn't take, contact customer support.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can your husband actually use the camera? If so, the camera is already synced to the system (you don't add it to the app itself). If this is the case, try reinstalling the app.

coolgymnast01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes he can use it himself. I tried removing the app and reinstalling it. Still no luck.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By any chance are you using an account that was granted access? If so, the primary account has to add the camera to your access since it was removed at one point. It isn't automatically added back to your list of cameras nor to any custom modes.

coolgymnast01
Aspirant
Aspirant
The camera is already synced to the base and my husband is able to view it from his phone. I’m trying to add it back to my phone. It’s fully charged and I just tried syncing it again using the instructions provided. Yes again, my phone couldn’t discover it. I wanted to try one more time, but when I pushed the button again, it didn’t light up blue. So now it won’t let me try again. I think I might need to contact customer support...ugh!
coolgymnast01
Aspirant
Aspirant
No I’m the account owner. I granted him access to it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You replied at the same time I did so you may have missed my most recent question. Check above your last post.

coolgymnast01
Aspirant
Aspirant
I believe I answered both of your questions...I am the account owner and granted my husband access, so that’s not an issue and I tried removing the app and re-downloading it and it didn’t help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to open a case about this. First, though, try a browser to see if it's different.