Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two base stations and 4 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mat_S
Guide
Guide

Hi, can anyone tell me whether I can set up two base stations (a standard and a pro, each on different account), with 4 cameras on each (7 day free plan for each) and still see them both on the same app?  Obviously they need to be armed, scheduled separately.  I currently have two base stations both on the same account along with my 8 cameras and am paying for the 30 day plan - I am hoping I can avoid paying for that by using two different accounts with a base station and 4 cameras on one and the other base station and 4 cameras on the other - but still see them together on the app without having to login/out every time.  Help anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Yes you can do that. 

Using the app, install the one base and sync. the cameras you want to it.

If using the same account then using the same app go to add device and select base station. The add the cameras you want to that base.

There you have it, 2 bases and 4 cameras.

If using different accounts then set each of the 2 base/camera sets up on each account and then use the Grant Access with access rights feature to allow the use of the gear in the one account by the other account and vice versa.

Again everything accessible from either account at the same time.

Don't forget to select the cameras you wish to grant access to.

Mat_S
Guide
Guide

Thank you Streak2.  I wasn't clear in my original question - I want to sync 4 cameras to each base station - total of 8 cameras.  Wondering if I can do that with 2 seperate accounts both on the 7 day free plan but still able to see them on a single app.

Streak2
Master Master
Master
Yes. No problem. Up to 5 cameras per account. Just use the grant access feature to have them all available in the same app.