Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two Cameras Stopped Detecting Motion

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SOshea
Follower
Follower

I have a 4 camera system. Recently one of my batteries needed to be charged so I brought it down, charged it up and put it back up. Since then 2 of the other cameras stopped sensing motion. I have restarted the hub multiple times and turned the cameras off and on and still nothing. The system is only about 4 months old so this is really concerning. Any thoughts on how to fix?

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I'd start by removing the cameras via the app. Then removing the batteries from the cameras. Then reinsert the batteries. Then go through the sync process again. Then rebuild any custom modes with rules that you might have previously had with these cameras

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I just had an issue with my schedule that I'm working through. If you're using a schedule, try removing all entries and rebuild it. That's what I'm doing at the moment - selecting the modes manually worked so it seem the schedule wasn't working.

BTW, use a browser to do this since it's been more reliable than the apps.

hlymn231
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar issue. I have a mode for a outdoor camera that is supposed to record every time it detects motion with no alerts. Works 2 or 3 times then the motion stops detecting. I've done a lot of troubleshooting to try and fix this, includes new batteries, relink cam, rebuild mode, moved base station closer and nothing seems to fix the issue. I have a second cam on the base station and if I add it into the mode it experiences the same issue.
The only thing that has helped is if I reduce motion detection and record length to a low setting (like 65% and less then 30s) it tends to extend the amount of time it works but even then it fails eventually.
I was literally watching people walking around and the motion detection icon was not lighting up in live feed!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You seem to be having multiple issues. The easy one is that motion detection and recording doesn't work when live viewing - you have to manually record it yourself.

For detction/recording only working for a short time, maybe a screenshot of the camera view along with a description would be useful.

hlymn231
Aspirant
Aspirant
The real issue is that the motion detection stops working and wont trigger the recording. When it works the motion icon turns a orange color indicating motion. When it doesnt work the motion icon doesnt change.