Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Turning off Email Alerts for a specific camera?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MKGAULIN
Aspirant
Aspirant

When setting a "Night Mode' I do not want my indoor camera to record(got that) or send push notifications or email alerts. It seems I need to have either push notifications or email alerts on in order to save the changes. Is there a way to turn both off for a certain camera? Thanks in advance.

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes. Create your own custom modes with the exact settings you like. Use the schedule to run them at the appropriate times. These are in the Mode tab.

When you create a mode you'll set up one camera rule. Save and reedit to add additional cameras.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes. Create your own custom modes with the exact settings you like. Use the schedule to run them at the appropriate times. These are in the Mode tab.

When you create a mode you'll set up one camera rule. Save and reedit to add additional cameras.
MKGAULIN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. What I can't figure out is how to turn off email alerts for the camera I have set to "do nothing". If I uncheck push notifications AND email alerts the "Save" button greys out. Its seems I need to have one of the other on.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like your using an iphone...the last app release has been glitchy.

Go to a PC at https://arlo.netgear.com/  with a browser, sign in as normal and you should see the toggles and un check them

( needs to be done per camera )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MKGAULIN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the help Tom. I'm using Google Chrome. If I uncheck both the Save button becomes disabled and I can't save the changes. Perhaps it is a browser issue. I have Windows Vista and have stopped receiving Chrome updates. I tried IE but it won't connect to My Arlo for some reason. I'll try from my work computer tomorrow. Thanks again!

Mark

MKGAULIN
Aspirant
Aspirant

So in "Edit Rule" if the camera is set to "Record Video" you can uncheck "Push Notifications and "send email alert". If the camera is set to "Do Nothing" then you cannot uncheck both without losing the ability to "Save" the changes. I have tried on my work computer and the same thing. Seems like a software bug. Can anyone else confirm?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MKGAULIN,

If you set "Do Nothing" and uncheck both email and push alerts this is the same as no rule being assigned at all for that camera. This is not a bug, if you do not want the camera to send alerts or record, simply do not assign a rule for that camera.

JamesC

MKGAULIN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James. I simply deleted the camera from the mode completely and that achieved the result I needed