Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trouble with basic service app changes

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RitaMarie123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I have had Arlo app for over a yr with ability to set camera plans and control alerts for free. Suddenly my ability to control geofencing disappeared and now I am getting noisy alerts for everything despite chosing no sound alert on app? Is my only option to upgrade to be able to select no alert? Did all my preset camera geofencing get deleted permanantly or am I missing it in app? As a long time constomer I feel like you pulled a fast one on us by getting us to invest in your cameras under false premise if you took away basic control for alerts ect. I thought there would only be charge if add more than 5 cameras to service??
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RitaMarie123,

Geofencing and push notifications have no changed. Are you using the latest version of the mobile app available from the app store? What device are you using?

JamesC

RitaMarie123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Help...unwanted alerts driving me nuts. I have newest samsung phone. I had basic free service that came with Arlo original 6 pack 2yrs ago and never had issue. Recent app update now sends alerts despite my selecting SILENT on settings. I even tried selecting other notification sound but it ignores. I tried redownloading app but no change. I hope this is not how they force loyal customers to upgrade to payed app.? Please tell me they have not taken away option to silence notifications from free app.??
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

There is currently a bug that prevents people from chnaging the notification sound. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

You can turn off push notifications in your mode/rule if you want so you get no notifications at all if that's what your looking for.

If you just want to change the notification sound, for iOS you have to wait until they fix the bug or for android install an older version of the app so you can chnage sounds again.