Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trouble connecting solar panel cable to Arlo Pro camera

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
PS1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone else had an issue plugging the cable into the back of the camera with the supplied screwed on base (versus the magnetic base)?  I can't seem to get it on tight enough as the round screw is getting in the way.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some mounts are supplied with the larger lock nut. The smaller (now included) lock nut will work without issue with a charging cable plugged in. As mentioned, contact support to receive a replacement smaller lock nut as needed.

20170829_112119.jpg

JamesC 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Its a design flaw as the "accessories" were a reaction to Ring's offerings of a Solar panel and wired charging.  NG will fix it on the next round of hardware upgrades. Just wait and buy new hardware. 

Is that ridiculous to ask of customers or what? I think NG should offer a redesgined base, if that is even possible.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contacting support can result in new tightening nuts being sent to you.  You can also simply remove the existing ones or check your local hardware store for smaller ones.

ANd the silly threats of class action lawsuits simply isn't going anywhere.

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Just remove the nut. Works fine without it.
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

IMO that may work but there are only about three threads on the cam end and the cam could drop if moved around by the OP. NG should redesign the mount. Clearly the solar and the AC wired power "accesories" are afterthoughts on the part of NG. This is a defect in design on the part of NG and opens up the user to individual claims against NG should the cam be damaged.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some mounts are supplied with the larger lock nut. The smaller (now included) lock nut will work without issue with a charging cable plugged in. As mentioned, contact support to receive a replacement smaller lock nut as needed.

20170829_112119.jpg

JamesC 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

My 1st Gen Arlo 4-kit came with that larger nut when it first released. I'm pretty sure the new ones release now are updated with smaller nut. 

PS1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the replies. I did contact support and they said they would send the smaller nuts and hopefully that will solver the issue.  Thanks.

GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks. Good to know they are available. 

GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Actually all of mine have the smaller nuts. Never seen the big one until looking at the photo.