Traces

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Blubandit
Tutor
Tutor

Why does this camera keep leaving traces of images, they last for a second then dissapear. It's annoying and not functional when your trying to see a persons face or license plate numbers. It's not very "pro" if this is an issues we have to deal with.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blubandit
Tutor
Tutor

It is a one camera system. I FIXED THE PROBLEM. This is so dumb, so all I did was tip the base over on it's side with the cables coming up and 12 hours later I got a bunch of collected videos with 5% of them having ghosting images. RF is so weird sometimes, I wish I knew how these omni antennas are mounted inside the base. Mystery solved.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
steve_t
Master Master
Master

That's generally due to interference in the signal. How many bars of reception does the camera have? How far away is it from the base station? Can you move the base station closer to that camera?

Elained
Aspirant
Aspirant

Blubandit
Tutor
Tutor

I have full bars on the cam and the base station is about 50 ft away and about 10 ft. up. I could relocate it this weekend but it is in an ideal spot for my house. I will post if I see improvements.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Traces or ghosting can be from a number of reasons.

Signal, interference, loss of key frame in processing, server/data thru-put

Rather than move the camera you say is locate in a good spot, try and move the base closer,,, by ethernet cable or on an extender with an ethernet port

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

TomMac wrote:

Traces or ghosting can be from a number of reasons.

Signal, interference, loss of key frame in processing, server/data thru-put

Rather than move the camera you say is locate in a good spot, try and move the base closer,,, by ethernet cable or on an extender with an ethernet port

I think they meant they were going to move the base station to try it out 😉

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

seems to read either way !  🙂

Morse is faster than texting!
Blubandit
Tutor
Tutor

The base station is what I'm going to move this weekend, not the camera.

Blubandit
Tutor
Tutor

This is dissapointing.  I moved th base 10 feet closer and now almost every video has ghosting images with FULL bars, wtf. If distance is the issue I would need to to run a lan cable to the other side of the house, close to the camera. That would be dumb because "wireless" is the reason I bought this system, so I wouldn't have to do any drywall work. I will attempt some other things but so far I'm glad I only bought the single camera system in case it turns out to be  a gimmick. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Blubandit wrote:

This is dissapointing.  I moved th base 10 feet closer and now almost every video has ghosting images with FULL bars, wtf. If distance is the issue I would need to to run a lan cable to the other side of the house, close to the camera. That would be dumb because "wireless" is the reason I bought this system, so I wouldn't have to do any drywall work. I will attempt some other things but so far I'm glad I only bought the single camera system in case it turns out to be  a gimmick. 

Manually change your router to a different 2.4GHz channel (try choose either 1, 6, 11 - whichever is least crowded in your neighborhood) and restart the base station. The base will choose the same channel as your router and hopefully that will reduce any interference you're having

Blubandit
Tutor
Tutor

Already tried freq hopping, no go.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Share a video with us?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you say every video is ghosting after moving the base (all cameras or just one?) it may be that you ended up placing it nearer to a source of 2.4GHz interference.  What other devices in the house happen to use that bad?  Microwave ovens, cordless phones, etc. can all be an issue.

Blubandit
Tutor
Tutor

Actually I moved away from anything emitting RF in my house. I don't have a wireless phone, it's further away from the microwave which is used like 5 minutes a day. Nothing else powered like motors or speakers either. It sounds like a transmitt issue from the camera but the live view doesn't do any of that so maybe the base has a bug that a future upgrade could fix or not, IDK. I might rearrange some furniture and relocate it, again, ugg technology. 

Blubandit
Tutor
Tutor
steve_t
Master Master
Master

That's pretty bad. Can you please run a www.speedtest.net test and tell us the ping and speeds?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't mention if this is on all cameras or just one.  Have you tried swapping cameras around?

Blubandit
Tutor
Tutor

My speeds range from 80-210 Mbps and the latency is between 10-25 ms. I think it's fast enough.

Blubandit
Tutor
Tutor

It is a one camera system. I FIXED THE PROBLEM. This is so dumb, so all I did was tip the base over on it's side with the cables coming up and 12 hours later I got a bunch of collected videos with 5% of them having ghosting images. RF is so weird sometimes, I wish I knew how these omni antennas are mounted inside the base. Mystery solved.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Blubandit wrote:

My speeds range from 80-210 Mbps and the latency is between 10-25 ms. I think it's fast enough.

I was wanting to check your upload speed was fast enough