Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Sejer
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I have a couple of questions, and I hope someone have the solution.

1. Is there any way that I can have multiple camera viewing on my TV at the same time. (Like many others)

2. Do someone know how to set Time/date stamp overlay on the Video. Because otherwise the video is useless as evidence.

If these is not function that Arlo has, then I hope Netgear is coming with this fast, because it’s so bad, that simple function like that is missing in a security camera.

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can live stream up to 5 cameras at once
No timestamp overlay as yet. The filename and meta data are timestamps though. The filename is in unix time so it's very precise and can be used as evidence

Sejer
Tutor
Tutor

How can I do this? How can I live stream 5 pictures at the same time on my TV, like a real video surveillance.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not unless there's an app for the TV. I understand it's available for the Apple TV but is not for my Samsung. You can use the browser built into a smart TV but, since it lacks Flash, you won't be able to use live view.

Sejer
Tutor
Tutor

Is it just me or is Netgear/Arlo missing some simple key elements regarding surveillance systems.. This is simple things, but very important things..
Just me?
Come on Netgear, you guys can do it better then this!

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

It's real simple to have multiple cameras show on your TV. I have it set up this way. Hook a computer to your TV (your TV would just be another monitor). I have a dedicated media computer used only for music, movies, games, streaming. Once setup and you can view your desktop on the TV, open your browser, move it over to the TV screen if extending desktop, log into Arlo and start to live view. You won't be able to see multiple in full screen mode, but you can view multiple cameras in the default window size.

Also, Amazon Alexa, google, and some others have devices that you can plug into your TV and use to view arlo cameras. Not sure of the whole functionality of these though.

Last, there are stand alone devices that will duplicate an HDMI signal on one TV to another. Can be used to send the picture from your computer to a TV. Do a bit a research and you'll find a bunch of solutions and one should fit your needs.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Sejer wrote:
Is it just me or is Netgear/Arlo missing some simple key elements regarding surveillance systems.. This is simple things, but very important things..
Just me?
Come on Netgear, you guys can do it better then this!

It sounds like you are looking for an “active surveillance” system.  Arlo really isn’t designed for that.  I use Axis cameras for active surveillance.  Arlo is better at notifications, geofencing, modes, schedules and true wire free cameras.  Different systems have different strengths and weaknesses.