Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working on this issue.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
icom092
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Android tablet and Android phone. I get this message periodically on one device on a regular basis. In the past I have deleted the app on the affected device and reinstalled and it would work for a period of time. The last time the tablet had a problem I would just go to the phone (because I got fed up with the process which includes re-trusting the tablet, etc.). Now my phone is doing it -- AGAIN! I take my phone with me when I am out and I cannot check to see what is going on until I get home. One should not have to keep uninstalling, reinstalling and then reauthorizing devices.

Arlo: when are you going to effectively deal with this? You are pretty good at making me click through whether I want to accept an enhanced plan but this stuff keeps happening. PLEASE FIX THE CONSTANTLY REOCURRING TECHNICAL ISSUES!

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

icom092,

How often have you experienced this issue? Are you able to easily reproduce it?

JamesC

Vvey
Initiate
Initiate
I have been experiencing this issue for days. Reinstalled your app a few times on my android phone. Meanwhile being charged monthly fees and not being able to use the feature is not a nice feeling.
icom092
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JamesC. Thank you for replying 😀

This problem is intermittent and I cannot recreate it on demand. I might not experience a problem again for an extended period of time. Interesting is the last two times the issue cleared up after a while, once on a tablet and once on the phone: Both Android; Samsung Galaxy S21+ and Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e.

So far it has happened only on one device at a time. Initially, I would restart the affected device and try to use the app. Restarting did not resolve the problem, so I would uninstall the app and reinstall to get resolve the issue until the next time. I would have to re-trust each affected device, etc. 

The last time the app failed on the Galaxy Tab, it finally cleared up on its own after a period of time which would have included multiple restarts. This last time it happened on the S21+, I restarted the device and the app still didn't work. I was going to uninstall and reinstall later when I had more time. Then soon after I submitted the ticket, I tried the app again and it worked (of course, lol). However, the app was down probably a couple of days on that device. 

Right now that is all I have. Maybe Arlo is now more actively aware and resolving those issues? Of course, being a security platform, delays like this are not good.

icom092
Tutor
Tutor

Agree. Besides the hassle of getting the app to work again, it ruins the opportunity to promptly review an alert in case it requires immediate attention. Since the app seemed to self-repair for me last couple of times I am hoping Arlo is addressing it behind the scenes so it doesn't happen at all. If so, it sure took a long time and pushed me to look at other products to expand my security system.

Lmanda
Initiate
Initiate
I have had this problem multiple of times. It is frustrating because a lot of the times I get the message, I am away from home and can't see what is going on. It has happened for the last 2 days, with still not resolution. Please fix it so I can use my cameras as they were intended.
icom092
Tutor
Tutor

Happened again about a week ago on my tablet. It corrected itself after 3 or 4 days. When it is my phone it is worse because that is the device I always have when away from home.

Zsaraman
Tutor
Tutor

This situation has been happening for the last two days - both on my Android and my iPad only the Android states that the “Arlo team is working on this issue”

iPad just try again - surely there must be consistent messaging from Arlo and like others I’m paying a subscription to be able to see images when away from home. Also on the Arlo Website states all systems are functioning - they obviously aren’t as the Arlo Team is working on the issue.

Ccmp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo, when are you going to get this issue sorted??????

Obviously this is an ongoing concern considering all the past posts. 

In trying to access my library on my VMB4540r3 smart hub, I always get the error message that there is an error and that Arlo is working on this issue. It has been like this for almost a month. Once in a while I can view recordings via the app. 

I'm close to returning my full system because of it is deeming to be useless. 

Blahblahblah12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo does not care, simple as that, now that they've realised people are no longer willing to suffer bad service or crappy software they have introduced an end of life policy to force people to upgrade hardware to keep the money rolling in, they have zero strategy beyond stuffing customers so don't expect any help at all anytime soon.

I give it another 2-3 years max before Netgear pull the plug permanently.

Take my advice and do what I'm doing, offload your hardware asap and cut your losses, I'm going back to a traditional hard wired CCTV system with a DVR recorder.