Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

The activity zone setting disappeared from the App. (Arlo Camera HW Version H7, Firmware 1.3.319)

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lord_humungus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys,

Perhaps somebody can help me with this issue. A month ago I set the activity zone in my cameras, today I tried to change the activity zone on one of my cameras to focus in my pets movements but I can't find that setting in the Android App (v. 2.10.0_26060) all my cameras and the base station have the latest firmware.

I attached a couple of screenshots of my app. I'm not sure if the feature was removed or what happened. I tried the browser portal but the setting isn't there.

Cheers.

Screenshot_20191111_165459_com.arlo.app.jpgScreenshot_20191111_165515_com.arlo.app.jpgScreenshot_20191111_165616_com.arlo.app.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription?  Or are you using the basic (free) service?

lord_humungus
Aspirant
Aspirant
The basic service (free)
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lord_humungus wrote:
The basic service (free)

Your camera appears to be battery powered.  That means it can only use the Cloud Activity Zones (which require a paid subscription). 

Not sure if that is why the activity zone setting isn't shown in the app - but I do know that even if it were shown,  the zones would only work if you pay for a subscription (or connect the cameras to AC power).

landa321
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is that a new development? I used to be able to set activity zones without a paid subsription

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@landa321 wrote:

Is that a new development? I used to be able to set activity zones without a paid subsription

It's been that way for quite a while now.  There are two types of activity zones:

• local activity zones are available in most newer cameras, and are processed within the camera itself.  However, the camera needs to be AC powered for that to work.
  • cloud activity zones are available on all cameras, and work even if the camera is battery powered.  But they require a subscription.

The activity zones themselves are configured the same way, no matter what form of zones you are using.

lord_humungus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perhaps it was a beta test and now the feature it is only available under a paid subscription plan.