Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mongovb
Tutor
Tutor
Not trying to an ass but this system seems to have many bugs.
1. Cant set activity areas on the camera unless its permanently plugged in.
2. Install/uninstall app because I cant get camera status
3. Since uninstalling and reinstalling the app I get 2 notifications for every 1 alert and i basically have to go in and disable things, uninstall then reinstall the re-enable things on my droid phone
4. After all that I still get the getting camera status response which requires to kill the app and restart.

My friend has the blink system, which was over 100.00 cheaper and has more features like activity zones that can be enabled without plugging the camera in and battery life is supposed to be superior to Arlo as well. I am very close to returning this system in favor of the blink system. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just feel a little robbed when I compare the 2 systems.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@mongovb wrote:
1. Cant set activity areas on the camera unless its permanently plugged in.

Arlo Smart uses zones on battery but is a subscription.

2. Install/uninstall app because I cant get camera status

Did you try force closing the app or logging out and back in? What about using a browser?

3. Since uninstalling and reinstalling the app I get 2 notifications for every 1 alert and i basically have to go in and disable things, uninstall then reinstall the re-enable things on my droid phone

Many posts on this. I've found that force closing the app, deleting cache and data, uninstall app, stopping Google backups, reboot phone, reinstall app, starting Google backups fixes this. Not everyone has the same experience.

4. After all that I still get the getting camera status response which requires to kill the app and restart.

Again, what about a browser?

mongovb
Tutor
Tutor
I only use the arlo app.

Yes I've forced closed and restart

I know about the work around for the multiple notifications. Just annoying that I have to do the hokey pokey to make it right.

As for the zones thing, that just frustrates me even more. My friends Blink system does not require a subscription for this. My only message states that I need to have the AC power plugged in for activity zones to be active.

I feel a little taken by Netgear. We pay a premium price for this when there are more feature rich systems out there cheaper. I honestly feel this is maybe a 250.00 system not 400.00. I was really excited to get this system in after some POS tweaker stole my full gerry cans off my jeep. I appreciate your reply. Thanks!
lodge307
Tutor
Tutor

I agree for what the cost of the sytem is, it is very buggy and frustrating. I am getting ready to scrap it and go to a different manufacturer.