Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jaskulsa
Follower
Follower

I have 12 cameras  using two different base stations at two different locations.

Everything was working fine until about two months ago. When I go to the live video, I here what I call static noise on both my cell phone and my computer at home.

When I go to my library, the recorder sound is very clear with no static.

Please help

Thankls

Tony

2 REPLIES 2
jasonp2737
Apprentice
Apprentice

Your "static" noise may actually be your camera pausing for just a second or so during live play. It will do it over and over. Watch something with a moving object in it, like a ceiling fan. You may see the fan pause breifly throughout the live play. That could be what is causing that choppy sound. Countless posts on here about it for the last month. Netgear is aware and doesn't seem interested in fixing it. Another thing they broke last month with their update. They'll try to blame it on your internet speed even if you have the fastest speed on the planet. I was working with a tech to try and troubleshoot the issue, but when they updated their my.netgear.com site over the weekend, my support ticket disappeared. Just throw the cameras away and get a decent system. These folks are incompetent beyond belief.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jaskulsa,

Can you post an example clip of what you're experiencing?

JamesC