Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Spectrum WiFi 6 router and cannot connect Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Joan_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently upgraded to a Spectrum WiFi 6 router and cannot connect Arlo. I did call Spectrum and they said I needed to get 4 things from Arlo, call them back with that information and they would open their port forwarding. 

1. Name of device

2. IP on the devices

3. Port #

4. TCP or UDP

I am not tech savvy. If anyone can get that info and let me know or tell me where to find it, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joan_G wrote:

Recently upgraded to a Spectrum WiFi 6 router and cannot connect Arlo. I did call Spectrum and they said I needed to get 4 things from Arlo, call them back with that information and they would open their port forwarding. 

1. Name of device

2. IP on the devices

3. Port #

4. TCP or UDP

I am not tech savvy. If anyone can get that info and let me know or tell me where to find it, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

I suggest looking at some other things before looking at port forwarding.  It's seldom the problem (especially on a home network).

Can you tell us what the LED status is on the base station?

Joan_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station has 3 green lights. Both ends are solid, middle one occasionally blinks, but mostly solid.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joan_G wrote:

Base station has 3 green lights. Both ends are solid, middle one occasionally blinks, but mostly solid.

That indicates that the base is connecting to the internet, so no port forwarding is needed.

Is the base station still showing up in your Arlo account?

If so, does it have an off-line status?

Joan_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

Get a blank screen with "ad device" but keeps spinning

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joan_G wrote:

Get a blank screen with "ad device" but keeps spinning

Which I guess means that the base is no longer in your account???

If so, try resetting the base.  Also, you might try adding it from a PC (my.arlo.com) instead of the app.

Joan_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

Resetting the base seemed to have worked. Thank you for your assistance.