Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Spare Pro camera with battery ...... #6

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EPOC
Apprentice
Apprentice

How can I Monitor & keep this spare camera and battery charged?

i was hoping to sync it with the base Not to have #6 camera set up for recording

(because I know the free recording only supports 5 cameras)

But just to use this extra camera as a charger & to keep track of the battery percentage. 

When I connect it to the base it wants me to sign up to the subscription, which I don’t want or need. 

Any suggestions, can I still have it hooked up a skip that subscription part and still be able to view footage understanding that those footages will not be save. 

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@EPOC,

If you are willing to purchase another base station, and possibly a wi-fi extender, you can set them up on a second account, (using a different email address), and share the accounts between each other. You will see all 6 cameras, but you will need to arm/disarm the two bases separately, and if you need to make changes to the setup you will need to log into the proper account for the base you want to make changes to. This method works quite well.

Brian

EPOC
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello Brian
Thanks for that input. I do have an extra base that came with the second purchase of a three pack. So ...... you are saying with just an extender and a different email setup this sixth camera can be up and running ..... cool.
Question:
Why would I have to disarm one base if my wife has this 6th camera setup on her device.
So in theory: I can view all 5 cameras on my device while at the same time we can view the 6th camera on my wife’s device.
Then I wouldn’t have to disarm anything.
I guess if I wanted to view that 6th camera on my device I would then have to do that disarming thing and re-log in with a different account.
I just want to make sure I understand this completely.
brh
Master
Master

@EPOC,

When you add the second base to the other account and grant access from each account to the other account, two base stations will show up on the Mode page. All the cameras will also show up there and on the Devices page. Whenever there are more than one base station, each one needs to be armed/disarmed separately. But there are certain settings that you will need to login to the proper account to change them.

At one time I had 3 accounts, (three base stations) with all of the accounts shared back and forth plus a 4th base which my daughter is sharing with me. On the devices page I saw all the cameras. On the Modes page I saw all the hubs. But, when I wanted to arm/disarm them I had to do this for each hub. To set up the rules for each camera on the Modes page you select the base and it will list all the cameras connected to that base. But, you are able to cross trigger the cameras across bases.

Be sure for each base to click on all the cameras for that account in the Grant Access section for sharing.

Brian

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EPOC wrote:
I just want to make sure I understand this completely.

The two accounts are independent, and your wife's wouldn't have a subscription (yours wouldn't need one either).

If all you want to do is charge the camera, you can just leave the second base disarmed all the time.  But you can use that camera if you like.

If your wife grants camera access to you, you'd be able to monitor it from your app and through the web interface.

brh
Master
Master

@EPOC.

Adding to what StephenB said. By you granting access to your wife's account and she grants access from her account to yours, both you and her will be able to log in at the same time. All the cameras and both bases will show up on both accounts. Both of you can see everything. All the videos in the cloud will be available to both of you. Neither of you will need to purchase a subscription and each account can have 5 cameras for a total of ten cameras with free 7 day cloud recordings. The exception is if you decide later to purchase the Ultra system. For that system, as it stands right now, you will have to purchase a subscription to get any benefit out of it. 

Brian

EPOC
Apprentice
Apprentice