Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar panel no longer works after 11/27/18 update

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Skullface
Follower
Follower
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but after the recent 11/27/18 automatic Aro Pro software update, my Arlo pro no longer recognizes the solar panel (so it is no longer charging)

Some of you may not have noticed yet (since your battery/batteries havent completely drained) , so I just wanted to give everyone the heads up...

Called Arlo support this morning, but they said they were unaware of this issue , and that no one else has called to complain about it. The impression I got from speaking to Arlo CS made it sounded as though they were going to be in a “wait and see “ (and not try to fix the problem) mode, until which time they get more complaints from others...

She said I should wait 3 days and see if the problem is fixed, and I noted it’s already been four since the latest software update , so then she said, “oh, then wait 10 days more and see if it starts working”....

FYI-My solar panel consistently keeps my battery at 90+ percent charged during the day even with heavy traffic, but this is no longer the case...

The “charging” symbol from being plugged in to the panel no longer shows since the last software update.

Since I am allegedly the first to call them (Arlo), I would suggest anyone else who is having this problem, to call Arlo customer service support line too and register a complaint.

Arlo customer service Tel #
1-888-984-2352
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gawd - if you're going to Google, at least pick the one that ends in arlo.com. You picked a scammer. 

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

My solar panel is fine. What are the symptoms?